Employee Relations and Support:
- Provide guidance and support on employee relations issues; assess risk and determine appropriate course of action; conduct thorough and objective investigations and background checks as needed; communicate complex issues to the Administrator. Advise and coach managers on HR policies and programs including employee relations matters.
- Act as resource to employees when needed providing guidance on and interpreting company policy as well as assuring that employee perspectives are heard and considered.
- Manage the exit process, including conducting ad-hoc exit interviews.
- Develops and maintains assigned program policies, manuals, handbooks or procedures, and revises and recommends improvements, as necessary.
- Manage performance management processes including evaluations and assist with career goal development. Collaborate with team leaders on suggestions for individual training that will enhance growth and development.
- Assist in identifying training needs for departments and skills sets for individual positions. Identify training delivery process (outsourced or internal). Create and deliver training that supports organizational objectives.
- Partner with leaders to identify high performing, high potential employees ready for growth opportunities for promotions and works to develop a formal retention plan.
Recruitment/Onboarding and Offboarding:
- Manage the full recruitment lifecycle, for assigned departments, from posting and sourcing to selection. Create talent pipeline programs focused on attracting talent with a diverse set of perspectives and experiences.
- Facilitate onboarding and offboarding duties, including logistics management with appropriate teams (e.g. IT, Operations, Finance, Security etc.).
- Coordinate and conduct exit interviews.
Engagement and Culture:
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and employee engagement.
- Using HR best practices, work with business leads to help drive a strong performance culture through employee coaching, development and feedback.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to implement strategies for employee engagement and retention, including staff recognition and rewards programs.
HR Programs and Project Management:
- Plan, implement, and administers HR Programs as needed including annual wage rate analysis, develop employee benefit packages and services, and related activities. Leads or coordinates internal department project teams for process improvement or assigned change initiatives. Collaborate and communicate effectively with stakeholders on commitments, timelines, and deliverables.
- Use data to measure success: learn, iterate, and improve; analyze trends and develop proactive actions to further support business objectives. Partner with Finance/payroll, other team members, and to coordinate, address, and resolve HR administrative issues and tasks.
You will have three to five years of HR generalist experience and a passion for applying your expertise towards enhancing and sustaining a Team-Work culture. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S/B. A) from four-college or university and 3 to 5 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. SHRM certification preferred; but not required.
- Superior ability to provide HR consultation to senior managers and employees on HR issues regarding employee relations, staffing, compensation, HR policies and performance management.
- Broad knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply human resources concepts and best practices, to include knowledge of employment laws, such as Title VII, FLSA, EEOC, ERISA, COBRA, ADA, FMLA and other federal and state laws regulating discrimination and equal opportunity employment.
- Business and HR acumen, including problem solving skills, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information and communicate with all levels of management, high-quality document, and report preparation.
- Location: Indian Neck, King & Queen County, Virginia, United States
- Position Title: Human Resources Professional
- Company Name: Rappahannock Tribe
- Industry: Tribal Government
- Job Function: HR Generalist
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
- Min Experience: 3-5 Years
- Required Travel: 0-10%
- Starting Salary: $50,000.00 – Annually
Indian Preference Notice:
Qualified Native Americans will be given preference in employment as required by the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (25 U.S. 450, ET. Seq) including other relevant laws.
In accordance with Title VII of the 1984 Civil Rights Act, Sections 701(b) and 703(1), preference in filling all vacancies may be given to qualified American Indian candidates. In other than the proceeding situations, the Rappahannock Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
The Rappahannock Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. The Rappahannock Tribe makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information, contact email@example.com